10/22/10

Enjoying Fall



It's 2:30 on a glorious, sunny Friday afternoon and what do I have to show for myself?  Not a thing, that's what.  The house is a mess, I haven't changed out of my pj's, and I LOVE it!  I've given myself permission to enjoy a lazy day with my little Chub Nugget (Brooke).  I held her when she took her nap, we played, watched a movie, and can I tell you how much FUN this is?!   She's my last baby, okay, so I'm enjoying every second because I'm so painfully aware of how fast it flies by.  I'm still in disbelief that my kids are as old as they are.  (I'm not any older, of course, but they are...)

So here's to a lazy Fall day!  (I took that photo this morning just as the sun was peeking through the trees.  Amazing.  It'll all be gone by next week - so sad.)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo, and a busy mama like you deserves a day to relax and enjoy her little grublet. :)
Happy Friday!

chris said...

Lovely picture. Enjoy your day. I stayed in my robe until noon. It was great!

Emily said...

Beautiful picture! I wish that was my backyard.

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said...

That photo is beautiful!! I think your lazy day is completely deserved... enjoy it!

Michele said...

PJ's all day is a constant goal of mine. I consider it a stellar day if I make that goal. Congratulations on your fun day.

mylittlegems said...

Abby your post almost made my cry! I loved it- love the photo and that you spent the day like you did. I also love that your blog is calorie and ad free- that is awesome! Happy Fall
Sharla @ My Little Gems

Renate said...

Hello, a beautiful picture, where is that that exact? I like your Posts, and such pictures are simply great. Dear castings from Germany, Renate

Leave a Legacy said...

Sounds like the perfect day!

Leave a Legacy said...

Sounds like the perfect day!

KayC. said...

I keep telling my children that have children, still have two unmarried, to enjoy them because time does go by so fast. It seems like yesterday my children were youngsters. My oldest is 31 years old. Sometime so hard for me to believe! So I agree with you... enjoy those sweet and precious moments and also those days that aren't so peaceful.

Anonymous said...

My Annika is the same age as your Brooke and with her I don't feel as guilty taking lazy days as I did with my first couple kids. Enjoy your lazy days because everything else can wait.

Marie Renae said...

Love it! I wish my backyard looked like that!!!
Do you use an editting program? Photoshop? Lightroom?

The Peterson Family said...

Making me SO jealous of your gorgeous fall foliage. But I DO NOT envy the freakin' freezing temperatures you have coming up soon! But until then I will be green with envy of the delicious fall you're enjoying while I'm here in HOT Hawaii. (Seriously, Sept and Oct are the hottest months here.)

Diana said...

It has been a year since I last saw true, beautiful autumn leaves and I miss it! Great photo!

Yarni Gras! said...

that sounds glorious...and the photo is wonderful!